Home

Tuesday 2 October 2012

The 'Fair Isle' Aurora......Northern Lights

On my extra special birthday, Mother nature decided to put on a spectacular show with the Aurora Dancing around in the sky. The moon was at its fullest so it was lighting everywhere up as if it was daylight. There was only a few of us at Fair Isle lodge and Bird Observatory http://www.facebook.com/fairislebirdobservatory?ref=ts&fref=ts  (and a couple of islanders) who got to witness this magical spectacle as I seem to understand Shetland was covered in cloud. Below is five images of this surreal natural event.

The 1st picture I took as the Aurora danced above
the Havens and Buness.

Overlooking the 'Obs' Plantation as the Aurora lit up the sky green

Faint pinks decided to amerge with the greens.
To the naked eye it was not as bright  but once you let you eyes get adjusted
to the dark, You could make out the different tones.

A Magical Birthday Present

We watched it for  over 30 minutes before it started to fade.
If it was not for Aurora Watch UK and Shetland Shetland Wildlife updates, I would not of even looked out of the window.

All my Images have been downsized
and
Copyrighted

to
Becki Rosser Photography
.

If you have any questions or enquiries about any of my Photos, Subjects, Etc,
then please dont hesitate to get in touch.
I would love to hear from you

2 comments:

  1. Love the photos. Have not managed to see them in real life yet. Hope I do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the only second time I have seen them this good.....The 1st was on my 21st Birthday......I propally have to wait another 10 years to see it dancing again.

      Delete